Concentrated PV (CPV) – World - 2012
Date: 19 September 2012
Building on over twenty years of researching global electronics markets, and its expertise and existing coverage of the entire PV supply chain, IMS Research has carried out its first detailed analysis of the emerging market for this advanced PV technology. The report addresses all of the key questions concerning the future of CPV and the potential size of this market, providing statistics and detailed forecasts for CPV installations in 9 major regions including five-year and long-term forecasts.
Data Included In This Report
The report includes detailed analysis and forecasts for the following:
- The future deployment of CPV and its market penetration in target regions.
- Analysis and forecasts of CPV installations by region and concentration.
- Sound and reasoned five-year forecasts supported by analysis of the features and benefits of CPV technology.
- Rankings of the leading suppliers by completed installations.
- Company profiles for over 30 CPV suppliers.
- A clearly defined LCOE model to examine the costs of CPV and conventional PV.
- Evaluation of CPV’s potential to compete with crystalline PV modules, and conventional electricity.
- Analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of the high concentration PV and low concentration PV technology
Who Should Use This Report?
This report provides analysis valuable to anyone looking to understand the CPV market, including:
- Suppliers of CPV components that are looking to understand how market conditions are changing and identify emerging markets
- Raw material and equipment suppliers such as cell and tracker suppliers, wishing to understand market conditions in each region and for each concentration.
- Investors looking to understand the current and future market conditions of the industry
Key Questions Answered In This Report
The report answers the following questions that critical to the development of the industry:
- Will concentrated PV compete with conventional PV, or will it share in its recent success?
- Following the rapid price declines of crystalline PV modules over recent years, can CPV systems compete?
- In the bigger picture, can CPV compete with the wider electricity market and other non-renewable sources?
- How big will the CPV market be in five years’ time, what 'share' of the total PV market will it account for?
- In which regions is CPV best suited? How much will be installed in each of these regions?
- Who are the leading suppliers of CPV? How are they funded and what are their plans and targets for the next 2-3 years?
For more information or to view a brochure and pricing information, please click here to login to IMS Research's website, or contact the report author, Stacey May.