This tracker focuses on the markets for polysilicon, solar wafers, PV cells and modules, and PV installations. It delivers independent analysis, accurate and fresh market data and informed forecasts.
Each quarter, updated market data is captured by company and country, and is used to build up a total market picture. The data includes changes to country/segment installations, production capacity, production, shipments, inventories, prices, megawatts installed and revenues. IHS also updates its forecast for a 5-year forward window based on this latest quarterly data. Since IHS tracks the entire value chain for PV, our forecasts are based on an integrated supply and demand analysis which facilitates a realistic view and scenario planning.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the supply, demand and inventory dynamics?
- Where are prices heading? What’s driving this? How long will the trend last?
- Which companies are performing better or worse and why?
- Which differentiation strategies are working?
- Which technologies are winning or losing?
- How are incentive regimes in the various counties affecting demand?
- Where will the next demand bubble occur?
- Should I invest in local production and logistics facilities?
- What role will utility-scale projects play in the various countries?